If you have a vein problem like spider veins or varicose veins, you are not alone. Nearly 55% of women and 45% of men in the United States have some kind of vein condition, with varicose veins affecting about 50% of people aged 50 and older, according to womenshealth.gov.
Varicose and spider veins are often grouped together, since they both represent symptoms of the same condition, called superficial venous insufficiency or chronic venous hypertension. Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted, bluish-greenish blood vessels that can be seen through the skin on the legs and feet. Spider veins are much smaller, sometimes microscopic, version of varicose veins. They are blue, tiny, wavy blood vessels often seen in clusters right under the skin of any part of the body.
Spider and varicose veins can be aesthetically displeasing and also cause pain and many other problems. If you suffer from either condition, you should consider getting them removed. Sclerotherapy is a popular vein treatment in NYC , that\’s used to remove spider and varicose veins and prevent reoccurrence. The procedure involves injecting a special pharmaceutical agent into the unhealthy vein to close and destroy it.
Consider these major benefits of sclerotherapy:
- It\’s a minimally invasive procedure – Unlike open surgery, sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure. It is done through a smallest needle. Therefore, there aren\’t complications associated with the treatment, and it doesn’t require hospitalization. Sclerotherapy is a short procedure that can be performed by a vein doctor at a vein treatment center. There is no recovery period; you can drive yourself home and resume all your usual activities right away.
- Boosts confidence – Some patients with varicose and spider veins don\’t experience physical pain or discomfort. Rather, the twisted veins are a cosmetic naissance that hinders their confidence. The procedure works to seal and destroy the diseased veins, which then fade away. After the procedure, you\’ll feel comfortable wearing clothing that exposes your legs and feet.
- Relieves pain and discomfort – For some patients, varicose and spider veins cause aching pain and discomfort, such as tiredness, heaviness, swelling, aching, muscle cramps, restless leg syndrome, itchiness and burning. Sclerotherapy completely eliminates the diseased veins, relieving you of symptoms caused by these veins.
- Reduces the risk of future complications – Even if your varicose or spider veins don\’t bother you, removing them will eliminate venous insufficiency and prevent development of its complications, such as infections, bleeding, trophic ulcers and blood clots.
- Restores normal circulation – Since our veins are essential part of circulatory system, venous disease is a problem of circulation. Treatment of vein disease bring your circulation back to its normal physiological state.
To learn more about the benefits of sclerotherapy and to find out if the procedure is right for you, consult our leading vein treatment center in NYC – (212) 575-8346.